All visits to the clinic are by appointment .
As a business it is important we continue to take precautions to minimise the risk of Covid-19 transmission in the clinic. As a healthcare setting, we are continuing to wear face masks and are asking those attending the clinic to also wear a face mask (unless exempt) to protect our staff and clients. As Covid-19 cases remain high, we are continuing with the following.
- We have suspended our cancellation policy during the pandemic and understand that you may at very short notice be unable to attend your appointment.
- Even on the day of your appointment, if you have COVID-19 symptoms please let us know by telephone and do not attend your appointment.
- If we are concerned that you may have Covid-19 then we will not be able to see you.
- We have changed the way we work in the clinic to maintain a 2m distance during your appointment but it may be necessary at some point for the nurse you see to have close contact with you. This will be kept to an absolute minimum.
- Staff undertake lateral flow testing as per current Scottish Government Guidance.
We want to be as transparent as possible and therefore need to make you aware that at any time and at short notice, our staff may be required to stay at home due to Covid-19. Cancelling appointments is not something that we do lightly or routinely but in the current climate we need to be realistic that this is a possibility. This could mean that your appointment and future appointments could be cancelled at short notice, possibly on the day. As frustrating as we know this will be, the public health measures that are necessary to limit the spread of the Covid-19 must be followed. We also want to be clear that if appointments are cancelled by us, it might be at least 2 weeks (potentially more if a member of staff is unwell with Covid-19) before we can offer an appointment again.
As a final note, a potential side effect from any vaccine is a fever. As this is one of the symptoms of Covid19, if you get a fever/high temperature more than 48 hours following a vaccine should follow the most recent COVID-19 testing guidance in case the high temperature is due to Covid-19.